So we are cereal and yogurt-eating folk for breakfast, mainly because it is quick, easy and as long as you are smart about what you buy, nutritious. Although my kids wake me up early in the morning, I would not consider myself a morning person, which is probably why I have resorted to my cereal-eating ways. My husband also leaves for physical training and work at the crack of dawn so he is never home for breakfast during the week– and for whatever reason I don’t cook as much if he’s not around to eat it. Don’t get me wrong, I love a hot breakfast and every once in a while I will make pancakes and eggs on the weekend, on a holiday or we will go out for brunch. Perhaps one day when I no longer have babies waking me at night and they are older to appreciate my efforts, I will feel more motivation to cook in the morning. Maybe.
Pillsbury recently launched some products for those mornings where you don’t have the get-up-and-go to make something, but want something warm to eat. I tried the Grands! Sausage and Cheese Biscuits so far and they were pretty good. Mine got a little dry, so you will need to play around with the cooking time a little, since every microwave is different and I wish they were a tiny bit bigger, because one is almost not enough (I am still breastfeeding mamas, so cut me some slack!) and two would be too much for me. One may be the perfect size for kids though, so it would be an option to consider on those hectic mornings where they need some energy, there’s no time to sit and each, but you could heat it and take it on the go.
Some additional information from the company:
- Available in your grocer’s freezer, Pillsbury Grands! Biscuit Sandwiches and Pillsbury Egg Scrambles heat up in minutes in the microwave.
- Made with quality ingredients like fluffy real egg, tasty meat, cheese, Grands! Biscuits and Green Giant® vegetables, the new line of quick and delicious frozen breakfast dishes comes in six flavorful choices:
- Sausage & Cheese Biscuit Sandwich
- Bacon & Cheese Biscuit Sandwich
- Ham & Veggies Biscuit Sandwich
- Bacon & Veggies Egg Scrambles
- Sausage Egg Scrambles
- Sausage & Veggies Egg Scrambles
The VIP coupons, prize pack, information and giveaway have been provided by Pillsbury through MyBlogSpark.Pillsbury’s New Grands! Biscuit Sandwiches & Egg Scrambles ~Plus~ #Giveaway (11/13) I would be tickled pink if you left a comment. To read more about my green(er) parenting aspirations, advice and adventures be sure to subscribe to my RSS feed or get updates via email.}