Welcome! If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed.
I am trying to get back in touch with my musical roots, after all, that was where I found my identity before I took on the title Mom and recently had the opportunity to review a new release from Bristish singer-songwriter-guitarist Bobby Long. Best known perhaps for his songwriting until this point (“Let Me Sign” sung by Robert Pattinson in the movie Twilight) he has released his own album this month.
I really connected to Bobby Long’s bio, because he did not start playing guitar until he was 17 years old, which is the same age I started teaching myself after asking for a guitar as a graduation gift from my parents. He writes “hauntingly poetic lyrics” that have caught the attention of many critics and he has traveled internationally playing his memorable music.
I really enjoyed the listen and the best way I have heard his sound described is a merge of “band power with acoustic rawness”. There is a raw, acoustic flavor to his music, however, a band-like essence that give the songs movement and a upbeat, forward moving feeling.
Since my house is full of kid and toddler-oriented music the majority of the time, it was refreshing to listen to “grown-up” music and a fresh artist. Check out his new album and learn more about this artist at http://www.bobbylong.info/. What are you listening to this week?
One TCDR reader will win a copy of this new release.
The mandatory entry:
1. Visit Bobby Long online and comment on a favorite song clip, video clip or fact you learned about the artist -OR- Let me know who’s on your “grown-ups” playlist this week?
2. Publicly follow my blog and comment for one additional entry.
3. Follow@TheCDReporton Twitter and comment for one additional entry each. You may also tweet once a day for an additional entry, but need to include @TheCDReport and the URL in the tweet. Leave separate comments with the permalink each time.
4. Subscribe to TCDR emails and comment after you confirm your subscription. (Subscription form located in left sidebar).
5. Comment on a non-giveaway or current giveaway and come back here and comment which one. Limit 5 extra entries.
6. Blog about the giveaway and comment with the URL for two (2) extra entries, leaving two separate comments.
7. Add the TCDR button to your blog or website and comment with the URL where it can be found for TWO additional entries, in TWO separate comments (HTML code found in bottom left sidebar).