The Action Baby Carrier is a newer carrier on the market and is a lightweight structured carrier. I see it like a cross between a Mei Tai and a Backpack style carrier. It is more convenient to put on than a wrap or traditional Mei Tai style carrier, but lighter and less bulky than many backpack style carriers on the market. You will notice the wide head rest that can be buckled to the straps and adjusted in length, which I love, because baby’s head can tilt to one side or another and are still cradled and supported.
I also liked the generous straps for a wide range of adjustability and the softness of the carrier itself. It doesn’t fold up as compactly as a wrap or Mei Tai, but pretty close! They periodically come out with different patterns, but you will notice they are adorable! Action Baby Carriers are made in the U.S. and the owners made sure it stayed that way. They are more affordable than many backpack style carriers currently on the market and Action Baby Carriers tries hard to keep it that way even when it could be cheaper to send their products overseas to be manufactured.
- Waistband height 4″
- Width of shoulder straps 3″
- Main Body including waistband 18″ tall, 13.5″ wide
- Hip Strap 28″ to 51″ with 27.5″ of padding
- Shortest possible length of shoulder straps 17″ (not including buckle)
More About the Carrier:
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Simple to use sleeping hood
- Adjustable hip belt from 28″ to 51″ with no extender belt
- Folds into a compact size that can easily fit into a diaper bag
- Breathable lightweight yet supportive material
- Versatility with front, and back carry position
- Baby carrier for infants to 40 pounds
- Safety chest strap
- Foam straps for ultimate comfort
- No inserts or attachments needed
- Special cross strap system allows for proper support of child and parent
- Straps can be worn backpack style or criss-cross for extreme comfort
- Amazingly soft fabrics keeps your baby comfortable
The Action Baby Carrier is made by Optave Inc as small US manufacturing company owned by Angela Alexander. Optave Inc began making baby carriers in 2007 and quickly saw lots of growth so production immediately became a concern. After approaching dozens of US sewing houses, with many of them recommend we outsource production to over seas, we made the decision to do it ourselves.
In the fall of 2007 we began to develop out own sewing house. While we are not a large facility, we take pride in employing 2 people full time with additional part time help when needed.
The Action Baby Carrier is designed to be a light weight affordable soft structured carrier. Weighing in at just over one pound, the carrier is extremely light weight, versicle and easy to just throw in a diaper bag. With MSRP of $89, the Action Baby Carrier fits a lower price point then many of the high end carriers with lots of bells and whistle.
The Action Baby Carrier is designed to be quick and easy.