My Husband, My Hero

The 463rd MP CO arrived home late last night after a 15-month tour in Baghdad, Iraq. We are thrilled beyond words, but exhausted! I had butterflies all day to the point that I had a stomach ache and was anxious as the projected time of arrival changed throughout the day. DD, who’s bedtime is 7 PM, was such a sweet girl even though she was exhausted and woken up to welcome Daddy home. Just wanted to share the wonderful news with you!

{If you enjoyed reading My Husband, My Hero I would be tickled pink if you left a comment. To read more about my green(er) parenting aspirations, advice and adventures be sure to subscribe to my RSS feed or get updates via email.}
Emi

Emi

By Emi Stapler. I am a cloth diaper advocate, green parenting blogger, mother of three and a military wife who enjoys sharing my motherhood adventures and advice. Follow me at The Cloth Diaper Report on Facebook, Twitter @TheCDReport , Google +, Pinterest and Instagram.
Emi
Emi
Emi

Latest posts by Emi (see all)

Comments

1. Jackie at 3littleones says:

I'm so happy to hear that he is home – what a great family photo!!! You must be excited :)

2. Congrats mama!!!! I'm happy for you!!!!

3. Yay! Congratulations! I am soooo happy for you!

4. Life More Simply says:

HOORAY! I've enjoyed reading this and your personal blog, so even though I don't know you, I really am thrilled that he's finally home. :-) Blessings.

5. Chaotic Kristy says:

Congrats! I'm so happy for you that he is home safe.

6. Congratulations! I know you must be excited that he's home!

7. Yay! This is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you and your cute, cute, cute family.

8. Yeah!!! So happy for you.

9. newmami_rgv says:

You have a brave husband and you are a strong woman! I am so glad to be American and have men that don't know me to defend the families of America! Let him know that we are so proud of our Military families. I don't know what I would do without hubby for a week, much less 15-months!! So glad he's home safe.

10. You look great Emi! So glad that he is home!!!! I was really excited for you all day on Wednesday. 😉 Love to all.

11. littlecumulus says:

Yay yay yay!!! Oh, so happy for you! Love your blog – my SIL Jenny Lykins sent me here…I have been using bum genuis with DD #1 and need more diapers for DD #2, so am looking into the options. :)

12. brittanyandtravis says:

How fantastic! I'm glad you guys get to be together again.

13. How wonderful!

14. THE ACTORS DIET says:

yay – congrats! by the way, my husband produced a web series about issues that recent iraq vets face, which you might be interested in: http://www.intheirboots.com

15. The Jacobsen Family! says:

So happy that he's home safe and sound!! Big thank you to him! He IS a hero!

16. The Graves Family says:

Im so happy that he is home!!

17. Wow, you're a brave woman! I don't think I could live without my husband for that long! I hope you have some wonderful moments together when he is around. I know this is an old post, but is he currently home or deployed?