1. Delicious. This is what motivates us all to eat, isn’t it? And for baby it is no different. I was drooling over flavors like “Peach Rice Pudding” and “Baked Sweet Potatoes and White Beans”. And why does the word “Roasted” make everything sound so irresistable? “Roasted Bananas”, “Roasted Pears”, “Roasted Apples”…. All of their varieties are cooked to retain the most vitamins for baby but also to add flavor by roasting and adding different flavor combinations.
2. Organic. Infants and toddlers eat a significant amount of food for their body weight so it is very important that they have the best for their growing bodies. A little bit of pesticides or other products will multiply fast with the amount of food they consume.
3. Convinient. Whether you order off their website or sign up for the SproutBaby Club, that baby food will be delivered to your door. I don’t know how many (actually, probably every) shopping trip I end up grabbing food off the shelves half blindly or just getting enough to get through the week, because my DD is squirming or screaming. Other times I just don’t have the energy to card bags full of baby food in the house. And who doesn’t love getting packages.
4. Environmentally Conscious. They pack their food in pouches to reduce waste created by the products as well as in the manufacturing process and during transportation.
5. Created by a Celebrity Chef. I am a Food Network JUNKIE and when I heard Tyler Florence was behind the creation of this food line there was no question I had to try it! You know that they are a phenominal product if a celebrity chef co-created it and fed it to his own son. (Don’t know who Typer Florence is? *gasp* Read more here).
6. Re-sealable Pouch. How many times has your little one chucked the baby food lid across the floor or it has disappeared when you need to reseal the container. I love how you can open the package, take out the amount you want, reseal it and pop it in the fridge.
7. Appealing Packaging. My daughter new right away when I opened the box that the packages contained something delicious. The pictures are gorgeously shot and we eat with our eyes first. So even before you open the package you know what is inside and you can talk to your little one about the names of each of the fruits, vegetables and/or other ingredients inside.
8. Competatively Priced. When I started my daughter on solids the only organic choice I had at my local supermarket was Gerbers. Sprout Food is priced similarly and in my opinion these are a superior product with so many more choices! Sign up for the club or buy in bulk (with free shipping ;-)) and you’ll be getting a great deal for a great product.
9. Free Shipping on orders of $75+. I RARELY pay for shipping when I order online if I can avoid it. My attitude is to plan ahead, stock up, and wait to sales or coupons. Stock up of yummy food for many different ages and stages. Worried baby won’t like a certain flavor? The truth of the matter is baby may not like something one day, or week, or month, but may eat it (or love it) shortly down the road. And what baby wouldn’t want to eat “Roasted Bananas and Brown Rice” or “Summer Squash, Yukon Potatoes and Parmesan”!
10. Other Products. SproutBaby also carries other family favorites on their website in addition to baby food. Here are some worth taking a peek at:
SproutBaby is offering TCDR readers a 15% discount on your first order when you enter “SBBL051” at checkout.